To successfully graduate, one must complete the requirments of graduation for both the University Graduate School and the CEAS Graduate Studies Office. These requirements (including necessary forms) are listed below.
*Applications for graduation must be completed by the specified deadline or graduation will be deferred to a later term.
University Graduate School Requirements
- Review Deadlines - Please review and meet the deadlines for applying for and submitting graduation materials.
- Complete the "Graduation Checklist" - Formally apply for graduation by completing each step in the University Graduate School Graduation Checklist
- Graduate School Public Defense Announcement - Prior to a thesis defense, students MUST post a public notice at the Graduation Checklist (1 week prior for MS students and 2 weeks prior for PhD students).
College of Engineering and Applied Science Requirements
- Meet with Program Coordinator - The student must meet with their program coordinator to discuss information regarding the thesis committee and thesis committee members.
- Defense Public Notice Forms - The student must submit a defense public notice form to the graduate office prior to their defense. The PhD Notice must be submitted 2 weeks before the defense and the MS Public Notice must be submitted 1 week before the defense.
- CEAS Defense Form - The CEAS Defense Form must be submitted on the day of or after a thesis defense. This form is also required for PhD proposals.
- Program of Study - In order to graduate, each student must have completed a Program of Study Form outlining their courses and research.
- Committee Approval Form - This form is generated through the Graduation Checklist
- Plagiarsim Pedge Form - The Plagiarsim Pledge Form must be signed and turned in to the graduate Studies Office in order for a thesis to be accepted.
- Submit Thesis/Dissertation to SafeAssign - Every graduating student must submit their thesis or dissertation to SafeAssign through Blackboard in Canopy. A short tutorial on how to do this may be found here.