1) How do I access and log into the RD Web Access?
Please refer to the RD Web Access tutorial to access the virtual server. The login information is the same user name and password as your ceas1\central login credentials. Set username as ceas1\username
2) Is there a limit on the session?
Yes, active sessions will be terminated after 24 Hrs. Inactive sessions will be terminated after 1 hour.
3) How do I copy files to/from my profile?
You can copy files from your “My Documents” folder on the OCC student file space (Windows File Space used in the OCC Computing Labs). This is automatically mapped as the Y:\ drive.
4) Do I need to sign in to VPN before connecting to the system?
No, you do not need the VPN to connect from off campus.
5) Do I have a limit on account size?
No, but only files relevant to class projects should be saved on the server. We will be deleting all accounts on the virtual server each semester. All files not moved into your OCC files space or saved to your local machine will be deleted each semester without a backup or notice.
6) What happens if I lose my connection?
RD Web Access will attempt to reconnect 20 times. When you connect again, your session will continue where you left off. You will not lose any unsaved documents or processes. If you cannot reconnect within 1 hour, your session will be terminated.
7) Who do I contact for help?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by 636 ERC and the OCC consultants can help you.