FST3050 - EMS FINANCE
3 credit hours
This course introduces principles and practices of budget and finance, combining them with the methods and techniques of both oral and written communication. The course is intended to prepare students for tasks and challenges related to emergency medical services (EMS) systems financial management, and to effectively communicate those business-related matters through either presentations or documents. The course is to be delivered as a hybrid of distance learning and intensive lecture.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Research, analyze, calculate and forecast budgetary matters.
- Perform fundamental financial analyses and create financial reports relating to financing an EMS system.
- Research and identify additional funding sources, such as EMS billing, grant preparations and other available revenues.
- Communicate budgetary, financial and business information in various documents.
- Present budgetary and financial information for a significant capital EMS purchase orally, or using other media.