FST3051 - ANALYTICAL APPROACHES TO EMS
3 credit hours
This course focuses on extracting and analyzing accurate data and applying the results towards the betterment of any EMS or Fire organization. Findings from this class may help initiate effective organizational change using various categories including: financial analysis; cost-benefit analysis; comparative analysis; quality improvement; strategic planning.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify various aspects of data analysis, and utilize them for decision making.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the statistical tools available when performing an analysis.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to effectively investigate a problem, or gauge the value of a potential new opportunity.
- Using an analytical approach, construct a process to address the issue at hand, and determine the most appropriate course of action for change or improvement.
- Through the implementation of effective analysis techniques, the student’s input may be applied to strategic planning development for his/her respective EMS or Fire organization.