FST 3089 - EMS MANAGEMENT
3 credit hours
This course examines many aspects of building and managing an effective EMS system. This online program will require substantial reading, project work and interaction with your cohort team. Conceptual understanding and real-world application are outcome guideposts for learners. Computer access with a high speed internet connection and web cam are required.
Offered Spring Semester only.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the basic philosophy, organization and operation of injury prevention and risk-reduction programs.
- Define the differences between management and leadership.
- Understand the principles of customer service in EMS.
- Identify and apply the techniques for conducting an effective performance appraisal.
- Apply quality improvement techniques to various aspects of EMS operations.