FST3092 - BUDGET, FINANCE & EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
3 credit hours
This course introduces principles and practices of budget and finance, and combines them with the methods and techniques of both oral and written communication. The course is intended to prepare students for tasks and
challenges related to fire service financial management, and to effectively communicate those business-related matters either through presentations or documents. The course is to be delivered as a hybrid of distance learning and intensive lecture.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Research, analyze, calculate and forecast budgetary matters.
- Perform fundamental financial analyses and create financial reports.
- Research, and identify additional funding sources, such as grant preparations.
- Communicate budgetary, financial and business information in various documents.
- Present budgetary and financial information orally or using other media.
Mark Ober Mark Kissling