FST4072 - OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY HAZARD CONTROLS
3 credit hours
With proper hazard identification and evaluation, management commitment and support, preventive and corrective procedures, monitoring, evaluation and training, unwanted events can be prevented. This course introduces a broad spectrum of topics, specific hazards, best practices, control procedures, resources, and sources of help known in the field of occupational safety today.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe how to incorporate safety in the design, construction, and maintenance of buildings.
- Develop a program to introduce personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Implement safe handling and storage of materials; and identify hazards associated with hoisting, conveying and hauling equipment.
- Recognize occupational hazards with portable power tools, woodworking and metalworking machinery.
- Identify characteristics of proper machine guarding.