FST4081 - PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT FOR THE FIRE & EMERGENCY SERVICES
Examines relationships and issues in personnel administration and human resource development within the context of fire-related organizations, including personnel management, organizational development, productivity, recruitment and selection, performance management systems, discipline and collective bargaining. If student is not an active firefighter, must establish a mentor who is a FD Officer.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate and explain contemporary personnel management issues in Fire and EMS.
- Discuss the fair and equitable rules, procedures, policies and law that relate to personnel management issues.
- Analyze and discuss alternative methods in the recruitment of new personnel.
- Discuss two main issues concerning retirement of personnel.
- Summarize how organizational development and leadership styles impact a particular Fire and EMS department.