An MEng student must complete no less than 30 credit hours of formal coursework, which may include a capstone project. This project must meet the guidelines within the CAECM Graduate Handbook and those set forth by the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Students who want to take a course outside of the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) must obtain permission by completing the “Approval for Courses Outside CEAS” form. An MEng student is considered to be a “non-thesis student.” Prior to graduation, as a Capstone Experience, MEng students must either submit a formal, written project document and make a satisfactory presentation of this project to a faculty committee, or undergo a final comprehensive oral examination.
1. Twice a year (toward the end of each Academic Semester) the MEng student must initiate with the academic advisor an annual progress review. The form to be filled is signed by the student and the advisor and turned into the Graduate Director. Concurrently, the student fills a program of study and turns it into the Graduate Director
2. Each MEng student must take a core course from the Project-Task Management list of courses. At the end of the course, the MEng student must ask the Instructor of record for the course taken to fill a Project-Task Management Instructor Evaluation Form and return it to the Graduate Director
3. Each MEng student must take a core course from the Leadership-Interpersonal Skills list of courses. At the end of the course, the MEng student must ask the Instructor of record for the course taken to fill a Leadership-Interpersonal Skills Instructor Evaluation Form and return it to the Graduate Director
4. Each MEng student must take a Capstone Experience (either a MEng project or a final comprehensive examination). Usually this takes place toward the end of the last semester before graduation. Upon completion of the experience, the committee shall fill a Record of Oral Defense Form and submit it to the Graduate Director. Also, the committee shall fill a Capstone Experience Committee Evaluation Form and return it to the Graduate Director
5. Each MEng student is required to fill the Plagiarism Pledge before graduating
6. In order to be certified for graduation, after all requirements are met, each MEng student must schedule a final interview with the Graduate Director, resulting in the compilation of the Final Interview Form which is signed by the Graduate Director.