ABET Accreditation Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, students holding a baccalaureate degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Cincinnati should attain one or more of the following objectives:
1) Begin a successful career as a Civil Engineer in a design/consulting firm, a construction firm or a government agency or laboratory.
2) Use the Civil Engineering Degree as a basis for continuing education which would lead to a career in medicine, business, education, law, science or another discipline of engineering.
3) Use the Civil Engineering Degree as a basis for scholarly, research and development, and/or entrepreneurial endeavors.
4) Demonstrate competency in engineering through licensure, promotions and/or positions of increasing responsibility.
5) Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning through graduate education and/or continuing education.
6) Demonstrate a commitment to civic responsibility and engineering ethics through participation in civic or charitable groups.