Location: 414 Old Chemistry Building
The facilities at the Cooperative Distributed Systems (CDS) Laboratory at the University of Cincinnati are adequate to conduct experiments in the area of distributed sensing, control, and swarm robotics.
Facilities consist of the following:
- 10' x 10' test bed platform
- 7 Khepera III mobile robots
- 2 AscTec Pelican quadrotors
- 1 AscTec Hummingbird
- 5 Skybotix CoaX Miniature Aerial Vehicles
- 3 3DRobotics quadrotors, one hexacopter
- 3 Parrot Quadrotor drone
- Pioneer 3-DX mobile robot
- Pioneer 3-AT mobile robot
- QBot mobile robot
- Prosilica camera for motion tracking
- Super computer
These facilities provide state of art experimental setup for verification of algorithms in the simulation environment, and then a seamless transfer of codes from simulation to the physical robots. The overhead Prosilica and Cognex cameras provide the global position information, and communicate with robots and the PC via TCP/IP protocol.