Equipment Name: MakerBot Replicator™ 2 3D printer
General Description: The MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer makes solid, three-dimensional objects out of melted MakerBot PLA Filament with a resolution capability of 100 microns and up to 410-cubic-inch build volume. 3D design files are translated into instructions for the MakerBot Replicator 2 and sent to the machine via USB cable or SD Card. Then the MakerBot Replicator 2 heats the MakerBot PLA Filament and squeezes it out through an extruder to make a solid object layer by layer. This method is called Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF).
- Print Technology: Fused Filament Fabrication.
- Build Volume: 11.2 L x 6.0 W x 6.1 H in (28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm)
- Layer Resolution Settings: High 100 microns (0.0039 in), Medium 270 microns (0.0106 in), Low 340 microns (0.0133 in).
- Positioning Precision: XY: 11 microns (0.0004 in), Z: 2.5 microns (0.0001 in).
- Filament Diameter: 1.75 mm (0.069 in).
- Software Bundle: MakerBot MakerWare™ Bundle 1.0.
- File Types: .stl, .obj, .thing.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $10/hour External $20/hour
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour