Equipment Name: Mitsubishi 55MEtIII–2.5H Injection Molding
Max Wafer Size: 10” x 9.06”
General Description: The injection molding process can produce parts from both thermoplastic, thermosetting plastic, and elastomers. Material is fed into a heated barrel, mixed, and forced into a mold cavity where it cools and hardens to the configuration of the cavity. Injection molding is widely used for manufacturing a variety of parts, for R&D settings and small manufacturing facilities.
- Injection volume is 4.21 cubic inches.
- Injection capacity is 2.24 ounces.
- Injection rate is 11.296 cubic inches per second.
- Maximum injection pressure 34104 psi.
- Maximum holding pressure 25578 psi.
- Plasticizing Capacity 90.4 lb./hr.
- Mold clamping force of 55 ton with double toggle clamping type.
- Minimum mold thickness is 5.91 inch.
- Maximum mold thickness is 14.96 inch.
- Clearance between tie rods (H x V) 14.17” x 12.8”.
- Mold Size: Minimum – 10” x 9.05” Maximum – 13.42” x 12.12”.
- User-friendly MAC-VIIIt controller with touch panel.
- Wave graphic display for injection and metering steps.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $30/hour External $60/hour
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour