Equipment Name: Universal Laser Systems VLS3.50 laser cutting machine
General Description: The desktop VLS3.50 is small enough to fit on a work surface yet powerful enough to meet the requirements of on-demand production. Offering a material processing envelope of 24" x 12" x 4", 1,152 in3 (610 x 305 x 102 mm, 18,878 cm3), the VLS3.50 can be equipped with one of five ULS laser cartridges ranging in power from 10-50 watts. The VLS3.50 comes standard with Laser Interface+™ and a number of additional options are available to enhance your laser processing capabilities. All Universal laser platforms use interchangeable components, giving you the ability to tailor your system to fit your needs.
- Work area: 24 x 12 in (610 x 305 mm).
- Laser power: 50W
- Maximum part size: 26.75 x 14.6 x 4 in (679 x 370 x 102mm).
- Rotary capacity:
Max Diameter 5 in (127 mm) with 1.5 in (38.1 mm) lens.
Min Diameter 1 in (25.4 mm) with 2 in (50.8 mm) lens.
- Motorized Z axis lifting capacity: 20 lbs (9 kg).
- Available Lenses: 2.0 in (51 mm).
- Laser Interface+™ software is a materials-based driver automatically determines the optimum processing settings for your target material. Just select the material type, enter in the material thickness, and start the laser system.
- High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO) allow the laser beam to be focused to a much smaller spot, making it possible to engrave smaller text and produce sharper images at tighter tolerances.
- Software Controlled - The laser can be controlled by any software with a print function.
- Multi-Material - Process an endless number of materials available today and in the future.
- Multi-Process - Cut, engrave, mark, and produce photo images in one step.
- PC connection is a USB 2.0.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $10/hour External $20/hour
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour