Equipment Name: Wabash Press P3H-15-CLX
Max Wafer Size: 12” x 12”
General Description: State-of-the-art hydraulic press for embossing and thermal bonding of plastics and composites. It can also be used for laminating in laboratory and R&D settings.
- Pneumatic Clamp.
- Maximum platen temperature of 260° C.
- Independent temperature control of upper and lower platen.
- Water/Air cooled platen.
- 1000 to 6000 pound adjustable compression force.
- Six-inch stroke.
- 64 inch per minute closing and pressing speed.
- 100 inch per minute opening speed.
- ViewPoint control system including an Allen Bradley SLC 5/03 programmable controller, PanelView 550 touch screen, closed-loop control of pressure and platen temperature.
- Ammeters for heater burnout detection.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $30/run External $60/run
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour