Equipment Name: Yasui Seiki Tabletop Mini-Labo™ Coater
Standard Coating Width: 80 mm
General Description: This versatile bench-top test coating machine provides high quality coated web samples using the Microgravure method with a trailing blade.
- Wet Coating Thickness: 1μ to 40μ, Dry Thickness: 70 Å (0.007μ) to 40 μ.
- Web: Thin (1.6 μ) PET to 7 mil (175 μ) thickness PET, paper, cloth, plastic webs, foils 5μ to 125μ thick, up to 140 mm width. Maximum roll OD 200 mm.
- Cores: 3 inch standard cores, paper, plastic or metal, core length up to 150 mm.
- Coating: Standard width 80 mm.
- Coating method: Yasui Seiki patented “Microgravure™” – Direct/Reverse/Kiss/Gravure method with trailing doctor blade.
- Web Speed: 0.2 to 2 m/min standard, optional speeds up to 1 to 10 m/min.
- Unwind/coating web tension and winding web tension adjustable.
- Dryer Temp: 160 + degree C (Hot Air Dryer).
- Photo Resist/Photo Mask layers, as thin as 0.05 microns
- PSA and Thermal adhesive layers, as thin as .5 microns (thinner possible).
- Coating onto clear/conductive layers, ie: ITO without scratches.
- Insulating layers, multi-layer circuit boards, and laminations.
- Diffusion screens for backlight LCD displays.
- Various layers for LCD and OLED displays.
- Silicone Release and other release polymer films.
- Anti-static, other clear conductive polymer layers.
- Analog and digital magnetic tapes for audio, video tapes, and computer data storage.
- Hard coat for touch screen displays.
- Hot stamping foils for LCD pixels.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $10/hour External $20/hour
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour