Equipment Name: Leybold ESV6 E-beam Evaporator
Location: 358 ERC
Max Wafer Size: 6”
General Description: The Leybold ESV6 E-Beam Evaporator is designed for material deposition by evaporation. Material types ranging from refractory metals to Quartz.
- The ESV6 power supply is a 6 KW supply which provides power to the 4 pocket e-gun.
- The e-beam is steered with the two electromagnets for beam controller.
- Inficon crystal monitor used for thickness monitoring.
- Water cooled substrate holder for lift-off process.
- Substrate mounting for one 5” or 6” wafers, two 4” wafers, fours 3” wafers, and seven 2” wafers and multiple small pieces.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal: first metal ($40), second metal ($20 + 1st metal), third metal ($15 + 2nd metal), fourth metal ($10 + 3rd metal) plus material cost (most metals $3/100 Å and gold $25/100 Å)
External: first metal ($80), second metal ($40 + 1st metal), third metal ($30 + 2nd metal), fourth metal ($20 + 3rd metal) plus material cost (most metals $6/100 Å and gold $30/100 Å).
Staff time: $80/hour