Equipment Name: Temescal FC-1800 E-Beam Evaporator
Location: 358 ERC
Max Wafer Size: 6”
General Description: The Temescal FC-1800 E-Beam Evaporator is designed for material deposition by evaporation. Material types ranging from refractory metals to Quartz.
- The CV-12SLX power supply is a 12 KW, constant voltage, high-frequency, switching electron beam supply which provides power to the 6 pocket e-gun. The power supply delivers up to 10kV at 1200 mA, making it possible to achieve substantial deposition rates. The CV-12SLX provides stable output at all voltage levels and rapid arc recovery.
- The beam is positioned and the beam sweep is controlled with the TemEbeam Controller (EBC). The EBC also controls the rotation of the six pocket e-gun. The EBC enables the user to define beam position limits and to design ten operational sweep programs and up to 89 backup or virtual sweep programs per pocket. Available sweep waveforms are sine, clipped, saw tooth, ramped, and arbitrary.
- A hand-held remote controller is used to configure sweep patterns while observing actual beam motion. A joystick allows the user to control e-beam power, beam spot position, forward/reverse turret jogging, and sweep amplitude and frequency.
- Inficon XMC/3S crystal monitor is used for thickness monitoring.
- Load lock vacuum system with a CTI-8 Cryopump and 9600 compressor.
- Rotating planetary can hold up to four 6” substrates.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal: first metal ($40), second metal ($20 + 1st metal), third metal ($15 + 2nd metal), fourth metal ($10 + 3rd metal) plus material cost (most metals $3/100 Å and gold $25/100 Å)
External: first metal ($80), second metal ($40 + 1st metal), third metal ($30 + 2nd metal), fourth metal ($20 + 3rd metal) plus material cost (most metals $6/100 Å and gold $30/100 Å).
Staff time: $80/hour