To receive a certificate in cyber operations (with or without a Masters) students will completing seven graduate courses that target 8 mandatory knowledge units, two prerequisite undergraduate courses that target two additional mandatory knowledge units, and three additional graduate courses such that four optional knowledge units are covered.
Baccalaureate Preparation--any of these that are not transcripted will have to be made up by the student.
- MATH-1061 Calculus I
- STAT-2037 Probability and Statistics I
- CS-2928 Data Structures
- CS-4071 Design and Analysis of Algorithms I
- EECE-4029 Operating Systems and Systems Programming
- CS-6070 Automata and Formal Languages
Pre-requisites--to be eligible for the certificate program a student must first complete the following pre-requisites.
- IT-2030C Information Security & Assurance
- POL-2035 Cybersecurity Policy & Strategy
- CS-6043 Computer Networking
- CS-6097 Wireless and Mobile Networks
- EECE-6029 Operating Systems
Required Courses--there are four required courses that must be taken.
- CS-6055 Cyber Defense Overview
- CS-6021 Mathematical Logic
- CS-6056 Security Vulnerability Assessment
- CS-7038 Malware Analysis
Elective Courses--two courses are to be chosen from the following list. The student may choose any two but, as a guide, it is expected that the first two in the list would be chosen by a student seeking Computer Science orientation and two of the bottom three would be chosen by a student seeking Computer Engineering orientation
- CS-6055 Introduction to Cloud Computing
- CS-6053 Network Security
- EECE-6071 Embedded Systems
- EECE-6038 Advanced Microsystems
- EECE-7095 Introduction to Computer Architecture