Open House information Session about I-Corps@Ohio
Does your technology have startup company market potential?
I-Corps@Ohio offers curriculum and funding to help!
An open house information session about I-Corps@Ohio is scheduled for January 7, 2016 at 9 a.m. in University Hall, Room 454.
The 2016 I-Corps@Ohio grant program solicitation is open. The program aims at assisting researchers from Ohio academic institutions to validate the market potential of technologies and to launch start-up companies.
The UC Technology Accelerator for Commercialization (UCTAC) is leading UC’s involvement in I-Corps@Ohio, which incorporates Lean Launch, Customer Discovery and Business Model Innovation methodologies from the highly successful National Science Foundation Innovation Corps (I-Corps) program. The information session will include a short presentation by Stuart Schaefer, an experienced and successful entrepreneur who has participated as a mentor in the last I-Corps@Ohio cohort and in the NSF’s I-Corps program.
I-Corps@Ohio funds ($15,000) will be offered on a competitive basis to teams meeting the following requirements:
- Teams must comprise a faculty or staff member principal investigator (PI), an entrepreneurial lead (post-doc, graduate, or undergraduate student with knowledge of the technology) and external executive mentor.
- Intellectual property is to be held by the PI or university.
- Teams must be able to participate in the intensive seven-week, hands-on training program, starting in June or in August (depending on the cohort).
- Teams must have sign-off by a technology transfer official of the university.
- Team registration and two-page executive summary must be submitted by February 7th. Full proposals will then be invited.
The program is managed by Ohio State’s TEC Institute and fully funded by the Ohio Department of Higher Education. To learn more and view the RFP, visit http://icorpsohio.org.
UCTAC is hosting an information session and open house on January 7th 9-11 a.m., in University Hall, Room 454.
Questions can be directed to Jim Heitner, the Assistant Vice President at UCTAC at email@example.com or (513) 558-7632.