Process for CEAS Researchers to Use Storage on UCIT Isilon SAN
Last Update: August 2016
Process for Isilon SAN Storage
- A folder will be created for each member of the CEAS graduate faculty.
- Each faculty will have the ability to configure their folder as they deem necessary.
- To request other faculty, staff and/or students to be granted access under your folder, submit an email to CEAS-USERHELP@listserv.uc.edu specifying your access requirements, listing names, 6+2 and folder(s) to be granted access.
- CEAS will subsidize each research faculty with 1TB. Storage above the 1TB quota will cost $0.05 per GB per Month.
- Example Monthly Costs Above 1TB Quota:
- 10GB of storage would cost $0.50 monthly, or $6.00 annually
- 1TB of storage would cost $51.20 monthly, or $614.40 annually
Storage End of Life
It is strongly recommended to archive data off of the Isilon storage to a different storage location, such as SCHOLAR@UC, when a project is completed.