Choose Ohio First Scholarship
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program (COFSP) is a State of Ohio initiative designed to significantly strengthen Ohio’s competitiveness within STEMM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and medicine) disciplines and STEMM education.
Funding through Choose Ohio First (COF) provides competitive scholarships that aid in meeting college costs while giving awarded scholars expanded and unique mentorship and programming opportunities in their discipline.
About Choose Ohio First
COF is part of a strategic effort to retain Ohio residents and bolster Ohio’s economic strength by ensuring a ready workforce for STEMM-related industries.
The Office of Inclusive Excellence and Community Engagement (IECE) within the College of Engineering and Applied Science strives to empower individuals to transform their lives and achieve their highest potential by offering programs, services and scholarships that will enhance learning and lead to success. COF is a major initiative of IECE and works collaboratively with the College of Arts and Sciences and the College of Allied Health to provide dynamic student engagement. The engagement is a targeted effort to produce an ethnically, gender, and economically diverse group of scholars trained to excel in the STEMM disciplines via industry or academia upon graduation.
Scholars in the program:
- Complete semester academic progress reports
- Conduct STEMM community engagement service
- Participate in monthly group social activities and workshops
- Author reflective writing exercises
- Receive program coaching
- Develop ePortfolios of scholarship requirements
- September 3, 2020- COF Kickoff/Welcome 5:00pm-6:00pm
- September 16, 2020- COF Academic Integrity Seminar 5:00pm-6:00pm
- October 1, 2020- COF IECE MD/PhD workshop 5:00pm-6:00pm
- October 14, 2020- COF Midmester Checkin: 5:00pm
- December 4, 2020 Final Freestyle Friday 1:00pm- 3:00pm