IECE engages Cincinnati youth and families in STEM activities by promoting engineering and the sciences. The Community Engagement activities within the college establishes partnerships and pathways with local schools for students to be exposed, prepared, and excited about CEAS!
We host volunteer opportunities for CEAS students, groups, faculty, and staff to promote CEAS for exposure and connection all year long including:
- Family Science Academy
- Robotics Competition
Science Fair/Science Bowl
- April 2019
High School Visit to CEAS
- May 2019
Family Science Academy
- Cooking with Steam: The Science of Food
- June 15–July 27, 2019, Saturdays 9am–11:30am
- Registration required, $100 Fee. Scholarships available
- The academy is open to students entering the 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th grades, and their parents. Acceptance into the academy is on a first come, first serve basis.
- The cost of the program is $100 and covers up to two parents and two students in the same household. There is a $25 charge for each additional student. Please submit a money order (non-refundable) for the appropriate amount with your application. You can pay through our online portal.
- Applications must be received by May 28, 2019 in order to get acceptance letters out by June 3, 2019