IECE engages Cincinnati youth and families in STEM activities by promoting engineering and the sciences. The Community Engagement activities within the college establishes partnerships and pathways with local schools for students to be exposed, prepared, and excited about CEAS!
Inspiring the Next Scholars to Practice Innovation Research and Engineering (INSPIRE)
Is a pre-college initiative to engage and develop an ethnically, gender, and economically diverse group of scholars from Cincinnati Public Schools and surrounding areas to enter the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
If you are or have a 9– 12 grade student who has an interest in Engineering and Applied Science join our INSPIRE scholars for monthly meetings, activities, Engineering summer camps, networking with current CEAS Students and Faculty, College Preparation, and fun Engineering/Science activities and competitions.
- Virtual Meetings the first Wednesday of Each Month 4:30pm–6pm
- Access and notification of CPS Strong Summer Physics Course
- Learn about all the amazing student groups within CEAS such as NSBE, Bearcat Motorsports, CubeCats, SHPE, SASE, and More!
- College of Engineering Application updates and assistance
- A fun cohort of people who like to solve problems, design solutions, and Engineer a better world
- Annual Robotics Competition: We're thrilled to announce the Robotics Competition is back for 2022! Learn more about the Robotics Competition.
- Science Bowl in collaboration with NOBCCHE: Cincinnati Chapter – Check back for 2022 information
- Engineering and Innovation Challenge: Check back for 2022 information
- Men of Color Summer Camp: June 13–June 17, 2022
- Women of Color Summer Camp: June 13–June 17, 2022
- Engineering and Applied Science Summer Camp: July 25–July 29, 2022
CPS and Partner School Visits
Enhanced UC CEAS visits with hands on activities, faculty and student discussions, and lab visits. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact Don Wittrock: firstname.lastname@example.org
We host volunteer opportunities for CEAS students, groups, faculty, and staff to promote CEAS for exposure and connection all year long. Learn how you can volunteer.
Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Strong
Our city is only as strong as our public school system. Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Strong is working to establish an institution-wide model to engage and empower Cincinnati Public School students. By aligning programs and services to ensure readiness, create access, and foster success, we can achieve educational transformation and positively impact the future of our university and our city. In the College of Engineering and Applied Science we have established a Summer Physics course to assist with STEM Admission requirements and the INSPIRE program