IECE engages Cincinnati youth and families in STEM activities by promoting engineering and the sciences. The Community Engagement activities within the college establishes partnerships and pathways with local schools for students to be exposed, prepared, and excited about CEAS!
Inspiring the Next Scholars to Practice Innovation Research and Engineering (INSPIRE)
INSPIRE is a pre-college initiative to engage and develop a group of diverse scholars who represent multiple ethnicities and genders. These scholars come from Cincinnati Public Schools and surrounding areas to enter the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
If you are interested in this program for 9th-12th grade students, please contact Paul Feldkamp (Feldkapl@ucmail.uc.edu).
- Meetings the first Wednesday of each month 4:30–6:30 p.m.
- Engineering activities and competitions
- Early access to engineering summer camps
- Network with current CEAS students and faculty
- Learn about student groups within CEAS (Bearcat Motor Sports, NSBE, SWE and more)
- College preparation
- College of Engineering application updates and assistance
- A fun cohort of students who like to solve problems, design solutions, and engineer a better world
- Annual Robotics Competition: We're thrilled to announce the Robotics Competition is back for 2023! Learn more about the Robotics Competition.
- Science Bowl in collaboration with NOBCCHE: Cincinnati Chapter – Check back for 2023 information
CPS and Partner School Visits
Enhanced UC CEAS visits with hands-on activities, faculty and student discussions, and lab visits. If you would like to arrange a visit, please contact Paul Feldkamp: Feldkapl@ucmail.uc.edu
We host volunteer opportunities for CEAS students, groups, faculty, and staff to promote CEAS for exposure and connection all year long. Learn how you can volunteer.
Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Strong
Our city is only as strong as our public school system. Cincinnati Public Schools (CPS) Strong is working to establish an institution-wide model to engage and empower Cincinnati Public School students. By aligning programs and services to ensure readiness, create access, and foster success, we can achieve educational transformation and positively impact the future of our university and our city. In the College of Engineering and Applied Science we have established a Summer Physics course to assist with STEM Admission requirements and the INSPIRE program