IECE engages Cincinnati youth and families in STEM activities by promoting engineering and the sciences. The Community Engagement activities within the college establishes partnerships and pathways with local schools for students to be exposed, prepared, and excited about CEAS!
Inspiring the Next Scholars to Practice Innovation Research and Engineering (INSPIRE)
Is a pre-college initiative to engage and develop an ethnically, gender, and economically diverse group of scholars from Cincinnati Public Schools and surrounding areas to enter the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
If you are or have a 9– 12 grade student who has an interest in Engineering and Applied Science join our INSPIRE scholars for monthly meetings, activities, Engineering summer camps, networking with current CEAS Students and Faculty, College Preparation, and fun Engineering/Science activities and competitions.
- Virtual Meetings the first Wednesday of Each Month 4:30pm–6pm
- Access and notification of CPS Strong Summer Physics Course
- Learn about all the amazing student groups within CEAS such as NSBE, Bearcat Motorsports, CubeCats, SHPE, SASE, and More!
- College of Engineering Application updates and assistance
- A fun cohort of people who like to solve problems, design solutions, and Engineer a better world
- September 9, 2020
- October 7, 2020
- November 4, 2020
- December 2, 2020
Family Engineering Academy
Family Engineering Academy – Join us each summer for weekly activities and discussions with UC College of Engineering Faculty. Check back February 2021 for more information.
Annual Events & Competitions
Annual Robotics Competition
Check back for 2021 information!
Science Bowl in collaboration with NOBCCHE
Cincinnati Chapter – April 2021
Engineering and Innovation Challenge
Our city is only as strong as our public school system. CPS Strong is working to establish an institution-wide model to engage and empower Cincinnati Public School students. By aligning programs and services to ensure readiness, create access, and foster success, we can achieve educational transformation and positively impact the future of our university and our city. In the College of Engineering and Applied Science we have established a Summer Physics course to assist with STEM Admission requirements and the INSPIRE program
Summer High School Physics Course
CPS Strong Summer Physics Course – For CPS students who are unable to take high school physics at their school. Join our Algebra based, high school physics course to earn your physics credit in 6 weeks.
CPS and Partner School Visits
Enhanced UC CEAS visits with hands on activities, faculty and student discussions, and lab visits. If you would like to arrange a visit please contact Don Wittrock: firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 5, 2020 – Spencer School Virtual Visit
- October 8, 2020 – Virtual Partner School Visit
- October 13, 2020 – Virtual Partner School Visit
- October 15, 2020 – Virtual Partner School Visit
- October 20, 2020 – Virtual Partner School Visit
- October 23, 2020 – Engineer Your Major High School Virtual Visit
- October 26, 2020 – Spencer School Virtual Visit
- October 29, 2020 – Virtual Partner School Visit
- November 9, 2020 – Spencer School Virtual Visit
- September 14: Mercy McAuley High School Engineering Club Virtual Visit
- October 10: Cincinnati Museum Center STEM Girls
- February 21-27, 2021: Engineer Week
We host volunteer opportunities for CEAS students, groups, faculty, and staff to promote CEAS for exposure and connection all year long including