Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)
Important Announcement Regarding COVID-19:
All summer camps and programs have either been cancelled or will become virtual events. Please check back for updated information.
The University of Cincinnati is one of ten universities in the Ohio participating in the National Science Foundation Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP), first awarded in 2014 and renewed in 2018, it is designed to increase the number of historically underrepresented students who earn STEM degrees and continue on to graduate school.
LSAMP at UC
The University of Cincinnati LSAMP site provides an educational environment to meet the three goals, academic integration, social integration, and professionalization of the LSAMP program. Students from Arts & Science, Allied Health, and the College of Engineering and Applied Science participate in the program.
- All LSAMP Scholars participate in the Dr. Edward N. Prather Summer Bridge Program, a seven-week residential program that seeks to enhance their academic preparedness for the freshman year. The scholars are required to participate in a series of academic year student success activities and programs.
- The College of Arts and Sciences graduated 7 LSAMP scholars from the first cohort in 2014. Two of the CEAS scholars graduated with a 4.0 GPA and earned several awards including the Presidential Leadership Medal of Excellence.
- All LSAMP Scholars are offered the opportunity to live together in University’s Impact House for the freshman year. Scholars are required to participate in STEM related community engagement activities during the summer bridge and the academic year.
Engineering & Applied Science
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architecture Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
Arts & Sciences/Allied Health
- Environmental Studies
Fall 2019 Semester
*workshops held in conjunction with the COFSP
- Thursday, August 29th
- Thursday, September 19th
What is Research/ Graduate Student Panel
- Thursday, October 3rd *
Introduction to UC Honors
- Thursday, October 17th *
Mid-mester Strengths Finders Checkpoint
- Thursday, November 14th
IECE Speaker Series
5:30 – 7pm
- Thursday, December 5th
End of the Semester Celebration