Sophomore Summer Leadership Scholars Program
You are invited to apply for the Sophomore Summer Leadership Program hosted by the Office of Inclusive Excellence & Community Engagement.
We have developed a 7-week residential opportunity for up to 6 students to enhance their leadership skills. Successful candidates will be hired for up to 20 hours a week to be a TA for one of the science or math Summer Bridge classes. All students will work with community engagement for at least 10 hours. SLS's will participate in weekly leadership seminars that will build up to a final poster presentation as well as work hands-on with incoming Summer Bridge students with tutoring and event planning.
ALL Scholars selected will be apart of the IECE Ambassador Program during the academic year. Additional training, TA and event support will be offered on the non-Co-op semester.
- Previous Summer Bridge participant or rising sophomore student in a STEM major
- To be a TA- achieved a B or better in Math and/or Science classes
- Completed application & interview
- Weekly Leadership Seminar
- TA Experience in Math or Science Summer Bridge Program
- Up to 20 hours student worker payment for 7 weeks (paid bi-weekly)
- Campus Housing and Meal plan
- Application Due: February 10, 2020
- Interviews Week of February 18, 2020
- Final Decision- Feb 28, 2020
- Spring Orientation March 27, 2020 Time TBD
- Move-in Day- June 13, 2019
- Summer Orientation- June 15, 2019 11:00 am
- SSLP ends July 31, 2020- Move out Day
If you have questions about the Sophomore Summer Leadership Program, please contact CJ Witherspoon.