Sophomore Summer Leadership Scholars Program
Important Announcement Regarding COVID-19:
All summer camps and programs have either been cancelled or will become virtual events. Please check back for updated information.
The Sophomore Summer Leadership Program hosted by the Office of Inclusive Excellence & Community Engagement.
We have developed a 7-week residential opportunity for up to 6 students to enhance their leadership skills. Successful candidates will be hired for up to 20 hours a week to be a TA for one of the science or math Summer Bridge classes. All students will work with community engagement for at least 10 hours. SLS's will participate in weekly leadership seminars that will build up to a final poster presentation as well as work hands-on with incoming Summer Bridge students with tutoring and event planning.
ALL Scholars selected will be apart of the IECE Ambassador Program during the academic year. Additional training, TA and event support will be offered on the non-Co-op semester.
- Previous Summer Bridge participant or rising sophomore student in a STEM major
- To be a TA- achieved a B or better in Math and/or Science classes
- Completed application & interview
- Weekly Leadership Seminar
- TA Experience in Math or Science Summer Bridge Program
- Up to 20 hours student worker payment for 7 weeks (paid bi-weekly)
- Campus Housing and Meal plan
If you have questions about the Sophomore Summer Leadership Program, please contact CJ Witherspoon.