Events for Current Students
Evening with Industry
September 15, 2020
Evening with Industry: This event is an opportunity for current female CEAS students to meet with industry representatives before the annual CEAS Career Fair. The event allows female students to network with industry professionals, learn about different opportunities in their field of interest, review their resumes, and ask questions to prepare themselves for the career fair.
(WISE) is an organization that engages female students in activities with faculty and peers to promote their success in the science and engineering professions.
UC's undergraduate women are discovering pathways to careers in science and research through the WISE Research Experience for Women Undergraduates Program, a summer research program where female students in STEM fields are paired with faculty members to work 12 weeks conducting research in their field of interest.
The Women in STEM Welcome Event
The event is held each year during the first week of fall classes. All incoming female freshman in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) fields are invited to the event where they meet other UC females in STEM fields, connect with student organization leaders and meet female faculty and upperclassmen in their field. Participants are invited to join UC's chapter of Society of Women Engineers!
The Rowe Women's Center
The Rowe Center (located in 653 Baldwin Hall) provides a focal point for women engineering students to access support and resources for success in class, on co-op assignments, and in their future careers. The center coordinates with existing programs in the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS), the University, and the broader community to support students through:
- Tutoring and working in peer study groups to enhance study skills.
- Mentoring by upper class students.
- Service opportunities such as outreach to elementary, middle, and high school girls to encourage and inform them about careers in engineering.
- Networking with other campus women’s groups, local business groups, and national programs for women in scientific and technical fields.
- A lounge where students can study, relax, eat, be inspired, and spend time being around and supporting other women in CEAS.
- Financial support to send several women from the CEAS student body to national professional engineering conferences.
- The center welcomes all students who identify as women.
Events for Future Bearcat Engineers
The camp is held annually each summer. The week-long camp introduces female high school students to all areas of engineering and engineering technology available at UC through interactive lectures, design competitions, hands-on activities, and presentations from faculty members, student groups, current CEAS students, and local engineering professionals.
Women in Engineering & Technology Day
Questions? Contact Paula Davis Lampley, Women in Engineering Director
Groups & Organizations
To stay connected, contact Paula Lampley for more information.