As a student in the Wood Technology Program you will learn the hands-on technology and fine art of woodworking, furniture construction, cabinet making and other wood crafts. Wood Technology classes are open to beginners and experienced woodworkers alike.
Wood Technology courses are open to everyone: all current UC students from any campus, college or major; all UC faculty & staff & you do not need to be a current UC student.
Course Times & Location
Wood Technology courses meet about (3) hours, one day per week for the full semester. Courses are scheduled in the late afternoons, Monday through Thursday at the UC Victory Parkway Campus. The UC Shuttle provides transportation from UC's main campus.
Register for Courses
- On UC's OneStop website search in the subject CBMK (Cabinet and Furniture Making). If you have never taken a class at UC, you first must contact the UC Office of the Registrar or contact Mark Costello for assistance getting started.
- For Wood Technology courses offered, search UC's OneStop web site in the subject CBMK (Cabinet and Furniture Making). If you have questions contact us for assistance.
- All courses in the WT Program have additional costs including: required shop fee, purchase materials for the projects assigned, personal safety equipment & textbook(s). See the Wood Technology FAQ page for more information.
All Wood Technology Program courses are located at:
UC Victory Parkway Campus (VPC)
2220 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45206
UC Shuttle Services provides students transportation from UC Main Campus to the UC Victory Parkway Campus.
Contact Mark Costello or a tour of our facilities.
Equipment and Tools
The Wood Technology Program has a wide array of power equipment, hand tools, technology, lumber and supplies.
- Powermatic 24”
- Jet 18” Woodworking Band Saw
CNC (Computer Numeric Control):
- Shopbot Woodworking Router
- Powermatic Floor Drill Press
- Shop Fox Floor Drill Press
- Hand drills & impact drill/driver with bits
- Powermatic Air Filtration System
- Powermatic 8”
- Northfield Foundry & Machine 12"
- Jet Wood Lathes (10)
- Industrial Lathes 36” to 42” (2)
- Industrial Lathe 120"
- Dewalt 12” Sliding Compound M.S.
- Makita 10” Sliding Compound M.S.
- Jess Em
- Router Table Pro with Incra Lift
- Several routers various mfgr with router bits
- Jet Bench Top Oscillating Spindle Sander
- Delta Sanding Station
- Apex Disk Sander
- Festool Sanding Stations
- Several Random Orbital Sanders
- Sand paper for hand sanding
- Powermatic Shaper
- SawStop 10” Industrial Cabinet Saw
- Contractor Table Saw
- Laguna 25” Industrial Model
- Powermatic 15” Helical Cutterhead
- Carving Tool Sharpening Station
- Turning Tool Sharpening Station with jigs
- General Purpose Sharpening & Grinder
- Sharpening stones