Mission and Vision
Advances created by electrical and computer engineers and technologists and computer scientists have revolutionized medicine, communications, entertainment, business, transportation—indeed every facet of modern life. These developments hold enormous promise for society and offer remarkable career opportunities for people entering these fields today.
The faculty and staff of the Department of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science are dedicated to graduating professionals at all levels, BS, MS, and PhD, with the knowledge, skills, and character to lead in this enterprise.
Through our own research, we seek to be examples to our students in our commitment to learning and in advancing the frontiers of technology in the service of people of the state of Ohio, the Nation, and the World
EECS Mission and Values Statements
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science exists to advance the profound societal impact of electrical engineering and computing systems, and to promote an effective learning environment that enables students to do the same.
Our core values for faculty, staff, and students include:
- Embrace, Drive, and Appreciate Knowledge Exploration through Intellectual Freedom
- Be Innovative, Adventurous, Inspirational, and Entrepreneurial
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with a Commitment to Integrity and Professionalism
- Cultivate and Harvest the Power of Diversity in our Thoughts and Actions
- Deliver Transformational Impact through Service to our Students, Stakeholders and Society
The EECS Competitive Edge
- A broad array of support resources to assist talented students with varying preparations to ensure academic success.
- Founder and leader in cooperative education for more than 100 years, today with both industrial and research components.
- Full spectrum of engineering and engineering technology programs.
- ACCEND accelerated program offers BS plus a Master’s degree in only 5 years.
- World-class research integrated into outstanding education.
- EECS faculty has industrial and business experience.
- Demonstrated success in entrepreneurship.
- State of the art facilities in research and education.
- Undergraduate programs that develop engineering problem solving and computer competence starting in the freshman year and continuing throughout the curriculum.