Why study Computer Science?
The Master of Engineering (MEng) in Computer Science program provides a graduate degree that focuses on the practice of engineering in order to better serve working professionals. Rather than culminate in a research experience and a thesis, the Master of Engineering curriculum provides skills and expertise that enhance the individual’s ability to contribute to the technical workforce. The difference between the traditional Master of Science degree and the MEng degree is not on the rigor of the coursework or a lack of competencies, but rather on the focus of the curriculum.
The program provides advanced training to students interested in expanding their knowledge and expertise. Depending on a student’s interest, the degree could add significant depth to an individual’s understanding of the practice of engineering or the program could be constructed to focus on greater inter-disciplinary breadth if that is the educational objective of the student. In today’s competitive technology environment, industries need to have highly skilled practicing engineers who are flexible in their professional capabilities. The MEng program is a practice oriented, focused degree and caters to this need. While students have up to two years to complete the degree, all requirements can be completed in one year.
- GRE - Required of all international students; GRE is exempt for students that earned a degree from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation) in the USA with a GPA of 3.0+
- Transcript(s) and Degree Certificates (unofficial transcripts are used for admissions review, only admitted applicants submit official transcripts)
- GPA minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students - English Proficiency Test: TOEFL (minimum 92) or IELTS (minimum 6.5)
Application deadlines and additional application information can be found at the CEAS Office of Graduate Studies.
PO Box 210077
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0077
Program Code: 20MAS-CS-MENG