Doctor of Philosophy
Why study Electrical Engineering?
The Department of Electrical Engineering and Computing Systems offers the Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering.
The graduate research environment provides excellent opportunities to work on exciting and challenging projects. Funding comes from national and state research agencies such as NSF, NIH, NASA, Army Research Office, Wright Patterson Air Force Base, Office of Naval Research, and Ohio Department of Transportation. We have an excellent research and teaching facilities with 32 faculty members including research laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment in the areas of hardware and software systems, artificial intelligence, neural networks, image processing, electronic design automation, MEMS, microsensors, millimeter waves and photonics, nanoelectronics, and optoelectronics.
- GRE - Required of all international students; GRE is exempt for students that earned a degree from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation) in the USA with a GPA of 3.0+
- Transcript(s) and Degree Certificates
- GPA minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students - English Proficiency Test: TOEFL (minimum 92) or IELTS (minimum 6.5)
Application deadlines and additional application information can be found at the CEAS Office of Graduate Studies.
PO Box 210077
665 Baldwin Hall
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0077
Program Code: 20DOC-EE-PHD