Engineer Your Major
Speaker Contact Information
We have compiled a list of speakers that you may contact for more information.
Engineer Your Major is an event for all current and prospective UC CEAS students to meet faculty, upper-class students, alumni, and engineering professionals. This conference style one-day event encourages students to attend sessions around their class schedules to build their network and deepen their understanding of what’s possible in their selected disciplines. Engineer Your Major is also a perfect opportunity to explore the various disciplines in CEAS for students who are still choosing their best fit majors.
About Engineer Your Major
- Friday, October 23, 2020
- Check-in will begin at 9:30am on the fourth floor of Tangeman University Center (TUC), with sessions running from 10:10am–4:15pm.
- 45-minute concurrent sessions will include:
- Departmental Deep Dives
- Engineering Professionals Panels
- Topics like Co-op, ACCEND, and Engineer Your Email.
- Student organization fair and an Engineering Professionals fair.
- The fair is a space for one-on-one conversations with engineering professionals and student organizations.
The session schedule matches the UC class schedule and will be posted prior to the event so students can pre-plan their sessions around classes.
Pre-registration will open during the fall semester.
Who Can Attend?
Current CEAS students, any UC student interested in transitioning into CEAS (including Blue Ash and Clermont) students, invited students from neighboring colleges, and invited high school students in the Cincinnati area. Students are highly encouraged to pre-register so check-in will be a breeze! Check-in and registration will be available all day for students who are unable to attend morning sessions.
What Should I Wear?
Recommended dress for the day is casual—but keep in mind that you will be interacting with leaders in industry and partners across UC.
Interested in Volunteering?
Volunteer opportunities will be available during the fall semester.