FST3021 - TERRORISM AWARENESS & PLANNING
3 credit hours
A comprehensive study of terror including technical, historical, governmental and psychological issues for emergency management personnel. If student is not an active firefighter, must establish a mentor who is a FD Officer.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify the legal and political issues concerning the prevention of terrorist activities in our Nation and in your local community.
- Describe terrorist events that have occurred in the United States and overseas that may occur in your community.
- Analyze and apply United States statutes and court decisions applicable to identifying and prosecuting domestic terrorists.
- Formulate political and legal recommendations based on the analysis.
- Locate and apply legislation and recent court decisions utilizing online resources.