FST3088 - FIRE SCENE RECONSTRUCTION
3 credit hours
This course is intended to provide the student with the fundamentals and technical knowledge needed in understanding reconstruction principles, fire pattern analysis, fire modeling, fire deaths and injury analysis. Examines fire scene reconstruction within the context of fire investigations and fire dynamics.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze and understand smoke plumes and fire patterns.
- Understand the various methods of fire death.
- Understand the benefits of fire modeling.
- Understand the relationship between fire development and the rate of heat release.
- Describe arson and other motive-related considerations.