FST4082 - APPLICATIONS OF FIRE RESEARCH
3 credit hours
This Course prepares the student for identifying, locating, capturing, properly documenting, and applying research methodology, including various fire protection research activities and research applications, fire test standards and codes, structural fire safety, automatic detection and suppression, life safety, and firefighter health and safety, in order to increase credibility and acceptance of their work product. Diverse topics are reviewed and considered for the changing fire service.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify key components of research and the scientific method.
- Conduct research projects on several fire-related topics and apply key process step.
- Produce quality research reports to support fire department initiatives.
- Document authoritative sources for increased credibility and project justification.
- Analyze weaknesses in project documentation for improved results in proposals.