This project is intended to comprehensively develop, test and deliver 6 UAVs with sensors, loggers, communications, and related equipment, operating protocols, and related robot control software packages.
- It to be readily deployed statewide by an ODOT team to facilitate data collection with its payload of sensors
- The project aims at the following:
- Processing of data collected by the UAVs for actionable information by the user for various purposes at Ohio Department of Transportation.
- Based on data interpretation and UAVs platforms, coordinate with various other teams including but not limited to first responders viz. police, fire, medical, etc.
- Providing an administrative platform (e.g., via user-friendly but secure website) in a timely manner to control the UAVs in action.