Equipment Name: Olympus IX81-ZDC2 Focus Drift Compensating Inverted Microscope
General Description: The IX81 represents the most advanced motorized inverted microscope from Olympus. The IX81's modular frame and optical design provides 9 access ports for multiple input or output devices. Up to four ports can have simultaneous access to a primary image. With its built-in motorized Z-axis drive, 6-position nosepiece and light path selector, the IX81 is ready for multi-wavelength, advanced fluorescence and deconvolution techniques.
- Q-imaging EXI blue CCD camera with pixel-freeze technology, 1.3megapixel, 3.63 micron monochrome pixel, 30 full frames per second, and USB2 camera (power supply not required).
- 6-place reflector turret for convenient change of reflector modules, with 4 x, 10x, 20x, 40x, and 40xw (a water immersion objective) objectives.
- Prior Proscan III X-Y stage movement.
- The 100W single condenser column has increased focus travel for newly designed relief contrast and motorized condensers.
- Single reflection, V-shaped optical path with apochromat relay lenses provides single reflection, high quality and bright images to the observation tubes.
- Frame incorporates a 1.6x magnification changer offering increased magnification to eyepieces and cameras without changing objectives.
Useful System Links
Equipment Use Fees
Internal $10/hour External $20/hour
Staff time: Internal: $40/hour External: $80/hour