Who is eligible?
Middle school and high school math and science teachers who work in one of the following districts:
- Cincinnati Public Schools
- Norwood City Schools
- Oak Hills Local Schools
- Princeton City Schools
- Winton Woods City Schools
- Clermont County School Districts:
Batavia Local Schools
Bethel Tate Local Schools
Clermont Northeastern Local Schools
Felicity-Franklin Local Schools
Goshen Local Schools
Milford Exempted Village
New Richmond Exempted Village
West Clermont Local Schools
Williamsburg Local Schools
What is the commitment?
- Two year commitment to seven weeks of summer graduate courses and professional development each summer at UC Main Campus
- Job-embedded professional development and coaching during the school year
Using the academic standards you will be teaching in your classes, create and implement challenge-based learning, engineering design units that will engage your students through hands-on, experiential learning.
How do I apply?
Deadline is Friday, January 18, 2013. The application process is selective.
- $6,841/year scholarship towards summer courses (Cost to teacher: approximately $250/year)
- $6,000/stipend to develop three complete units that can be shared online with teachers not in the project and to lead three professional development workshops each year
- Use of laptop that will become yours upon project completion
- Funds for unit implementation supplies
- 20 credits of graduate level courses that can be applied towards a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction with Engineering Education specialization
- Attendance at Summer Institute for Teachers over two summers: June 17-August 2, 2013 & June 16-August 1, 2014 from 9-4:30 pm
- Development and implementation of three curricular units per year. Each unit includes a poster and a video advertisement.
- Lead two professional development seminars per year to other teachers and one breakout session at a local STEM Conference
- Attendance at three Community of Practice meetings per academic year.
- Administrator from your school (principal, assistant principal, department chair) must attend Administrators’ Academy from June 24-26, 2013.