Joint Co-op Institute
UC-CQU JCI HIGHLIGHTS
The University of Cincinnati College of Engineering and Applied Science (UC-CEAS) has partnered with the Chongqing University (CQU) to introduce the first mandatory cooperative engineering education program in China, named the Joint Engineering Co-op Institute (JCI). The final agreement between the two institutions was signed on October 11, 2013.
This alliance brings together two renowned universities, both leaders in their respective countries. Students enrolled in JCI receive the best of both worlds: a top-notch engineering education with degrees from each institution plus industry experience. These two assets combine to make JCI students high-demand graduates.
- Select for the Class of 2020 Student Resource Manual
- UC Professor, Ahmed Elgafy, PhD, Presents American Teaching Model Seminar to CQU Professors
- Jay Kim, UC Professor, Hosts Workshop on CQU’s Structural Dynamics Research Laboratory
- Paul Orkwis, Co-Dean of JCI-CQU, Hosts Seminar on JCI Student-Transition to the University of Cincinnati
- CEAS MME Dept. Head, Jay Kim, Delivers EIT Seminar at CQU