Master of Science
What is Civil Engineering?
The Master of Science in Civil Engineering program focuses on: (a) Infrastructure Design and Materials, and (b) Infrastructure System and Management. The courses and research encompass structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, and construction engineering. Additional details are available from the Department's website.
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management offers specialized graduate programs in all areas of civil engineering. These programs stress research and independent study in addition to course work, and lead to the Master of Engineering (MEng), the Master of Science (MS), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in civil engineering.
- GRE - Required of allinternational students; GRE is exempt for students that earned a degree from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation) in the USA with a GPA of 3.0+
- Transcript(s) and Degree Certificates (unofficial transcripts are used for admissions review, only admitted applicants submit official transcripts)
- GPA minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students - English Proficiency Test: TOEFL (minimum 92) or IELTS (minimun 6.5)
Application deadlines and additional application information can be found at the CEAS Office of Graduate Studies.
PO Box 210077
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0077
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 20MAS-CE-MS