Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years of graduation, our alumni will:
- Successfully advance in their careers in biomedical and related industries and research or further education in graduate or professional schools.
- Make significant contributions to problem solving, discovery, and innovation within engineering and medicine.
- Provide leadership and valued service to biomedical engineering and related fields.
Currently, we use the outcomes which are the standard ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission required outcomes for engineering programs:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics;
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors;
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences;
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts;
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives;
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions;
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
|Program Name||Enrollment 2016||Number of Graduates 2016||Enrollment 2017||Number of Graduates 2017
|Biomedical Engineering, BS||313||60
Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org