Jacob D. and Lillian Rindsberg Memorial Fund
The Jacob D. and Lillian Rindsberg Memorial Fund was established in 1999 by the late Sid Rindsberg in honor of his parents, who were both educators. Sid Rindsberg (ENG '43) was a charter member of the College of Engineering's Baldwin Society and the UC Foundation's Herman Schneider Legacy Society. The fund was set up to provide fellowships to engineering students who desire to become educators. The purpose of this program is to recruit highly qualified U.S. citizens showing interest in academic careers.
- GPA 3.80+ (preferred), applicants may be considered with a 3.5+
- BS from an ABET accredited university
- U.S. Citizenship
- Possible interest in pursuing academic career
- Graduate Directors or faculty submit a written request to consider an applicant to their Department Head. Include a copy of the student’s bachelors or highest degree transcript, GPA, GRE scores if available.
- Department Heads should submit requests for Rindsberg Fellowship consideration to Frank Gerner with the above listed documentation and a Rindsberg support guarantee for the 2nd year of funding.
- Submit all above materials to Julie Muenchen in the Graduate Studies Office by December 1.
- Awards will be determined based on availability of funds and student qualifications.
- Students awarded the Rindsberg Fellowship will receive:
- Year 1: CEAS will provide $30,000 stipend, standard UGS and $6,414 additional tuition award.
- Year 2: Department / Advisor will provide $22,750 stipend and CEAS will provide a $7,250 stipend, standard UGS and $6,414 tuition award.