A quota of 600 pages per semester for printing on laser printers in college labs is established for each college computing account. The quota is reset to 600 pages at the beginning of each semester.
Faculty are asked to minimize the printing of class notes. This will allow students to avoid having to use laser printing in computer labs and exceeding their print quotas.
- It is advised that students submit their print jobs only after the present print job has finished printing. By submitting too many jobs at a time, there is a possibility that the Queues will be overloaded.
- If you have very large files to print, it is advised that it be broken down into smaller files if possible and then sent to the release terminal for printing.
Mobile printing to OCC lab printers is available when connected through SecureWireless or Secure VPN. A PaperCut Web Print feature allows users to print from their own laptops and netbooks. With the Web Print feature, users do not have to install any driver, nor any printer on their personal devices. It uses a simple web interface to submit print jobs without having to use any of the lab computers.
See the following link for instructions on how to use this feature:
A quota of 300 pages per semester is provided. Color laser printers are available in 636 ERC for printing student thesis and CEAS course projects. Come to 636 ERC to request this service. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Access to a 42" color plotter is available in 617 ERC. The plotter is for use only if faculty require students to produce color plots for scheduled CEAS class projects. Come to 636 ERC to request this service.
The plotter printer is for use only if faculty require students to produce color plots for scheduled CEAS class projects.
To significantly cut down on wasted ink and paper, as well as wasted time spent collecting project files/advising students on how to save as a PDF, the process outlined below has been put in place. This will allow OCC and the professors to plan appropriately for poster prints, which shall help ensure all students get their posters printed. It will decrease supply costs significantly, and reduce man-hours spent on printing posters.
Plotter Printing Process
- The professor/TA notifies OCC by sending an email to CEAS-USERHELP@listserv.uc.edu at least two weeks prior to an upcoming plotting job for the CEAS course. This would include the number of plots that will be required for that assignment. Based on this information, OCC will work with the professor to schedule a deadline for submitting the PDF files to OCC and determine their preferred method of delivering the files to OCC.
- The professor/TA of the class requiring the poster to be printed collects all of the PDF formatted poster files. Once all the students have submitted their files to the professor/TA, the professor/TA forwards them to OCC for final printing. This can be done by shared network storage, Cloud storage, USB Drive, or even DVD.
- OCC will complete the print jobs, collect all of the posters printed and store them in ERC 628.
- The students may then pick up their print jobs according to the date provided.