What is Civil Engineering?
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Construction Management offers specialized graduate programs in all areas of civil engineering. These programs stress research and independent study in addition to course work, and lead to the Master of Engineering (MEng), the Master of Science (MS), or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degrees in civil engineering. The graduate program focuses on: Infrastructure Design and Materials, and Infrastructure System and Management. The courses and research encompass structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, transportation engineering, and construction engineering. Additional details are available from the School website.
- GRE - Required of all international students; GRE is exempt for students that earned a degree from an ABET accredited university (or equivalent accreditation) in the USA with a GPA of 3.0+
- Transcript(s) and Degree Certificates (unofficial transcripts are used for admissions review, only admitted applicants submit official transcripts)
- GPA minimum 3.0 or equivalent
- Statement of Purpose
- Two letters of recommendation
- International students - English Proficiency Test: TOEFL (minimum 92) or IELTS (minimum 6.5)
Application deadlines and additional application information can be found at the CEAS Office of Graduate Studies.