Transfer, Change of Major, Transition, and Readmission Students
Transfer, Change of Major, Transition, and Readmission encompasses any university-level student applying to an undergraduate degree program in the College of Engineering and Applied Science. Students in these groups have varying application timelines, criteria for admission, and contacts within the college; review the student descriptions below to learn more about applying to CEAS.
Need help choosing the right pathway?
Live chat with us at the bottom of your screen. We can help guide you through the process and share the appropriate requirements.
Transfer students are students who have earned a high school diploma or GED and have attended another college or university since earning their high school credentials.
Change of College (COC) students are students who are currently active in any undergraduate programs at UC outside of CEAS, including students at UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont. “Active” means that the student has taken classes within the past three semesters.
Change of College students can schedule a meeting with the CEAS Transition Advisor, Corinne Cook, in My Bearcat Network.
- A Change of Major (COM) student is student who is currently active in a CEAS degree-granting undergraduate program. “Active” means that the student has taken classes within the past three semesters.
- Incoming CEAS first-year students should not fill out this application. If you want to start in a different CEAS major, contact our CEAS Recruitment Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Students hoping to return from CEAS dismissal should not fill out this application. Instead, contact the CEAS Undergraduate Academic Affairs (email@example.com) office for more information about how to appeal your dismissal.
Contact your future CEAS advisor based on your major and last name for more information.
The First-Year Engineering Program (Formerly Freshman Engineering Program) is a direct-admit first-year program in CEAS. FEP students have a different set of criteria than other COM students. Learn more about the FEP program.
Contact Corinne Cook (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about the First-Year Engineering Program (FEP).
A Readmission student is a former UC student who has not taken classes:
- Within the past three academic semester
- At another college/university
Former UC students who have taken courses at another college/university should refer to the Transfer Students tab.
Contact Alex Van Fossen (email@example.com) for more information about readmission to the College of Engineering and Applied Science.
If you are not sure where to begin, or you are a current student hoping to switch out of CEAS, contact UC’s Transfer and Transition Advising Center.