Industry 4.0/5.0 Institute
The Vision for Industry 4.0/5.0 Institute is to develop a cross disciplinary collaboration environment that enables researchers, practitioners and students to make a profound impact on industry and society by applying “systems thinking” approaches to :
- Solve complex technological challenges
- Fulfill “skill” needs of the industrial members
- Train future technology leaders in cross-disciplinary thinking
- Provide stimulating research for the faculty and students
- Address societal needs in the context of Industry 4.0/5.0 adoption
- Carry out commercialization
Come join us for a conversation on how to make this collaboration most impactful! UC’s Industry 4.0/5.0 Institute Planning Workshop is scheduled on March 18, 2022. Preregister and learn more about the planning workshop this March.
Why this Institute?
- Development and adoption of Industry 4.0/5.0 technologies require complex interaction among human, socio-economical, and technical aspects.
- Collaboration with academia is THE way to transition into the future, including closing the skill gap for the current and future workforce.
The Value of Our Institute
- Based on tested National Science Foundation model for industry/university collaboration
- Shared resources, research results, and risks
- Industry members provide inputs and oversight
- Workforce development
- Low overhead academic research
- Shared IP and opportunities for follow-on / spinoff projects
- Access to faculty expertise across the campus