Remote Desktop to OCC Computing Labs
The Office of College Computing (OCC) is offers access to Virtual computer labs for instructional purposes. These environments will offer remote access for CEAS students to utilize software such as Matlab and Mathematica
- Remote Access to lab machines: CEAS software installed in the college computer labs can be accessed by remoting into one of the lab machines at on the Remote Access page. Note: You must first be connected to UC's network through UC_Secure or VPN.
- In order to maintain this environment, sessions left active for more than 24 hours will be terminated with no notification
Linux Based Virtual Lab
- Access X2Go Environment
- NOTE: NX Environment is no longer in production.
Frequently Asked Questions - Linux Virtual Lab
Please refer to the X2Go tutorial to access the virtual server. The login information is the same user name and password as your central login credentials.
No, your session will not expire unless you log out of your account. We will be monitoring sessions for inactivity. Sessions that are inactive will be closed.
No, but only files relevant to class projects should be saved on the server. We will be deleting all accounts on the virtual server at the end of each term. All files not moved into your OCC files space or saved to your local machine will be deleted without a backup or notice.
When you connect again, your session will continue where you left off. You will not lose any unsaved documents or processes.
Please email email@example.com or stop by 636 Mantei Center (ERC) and the OCC consultants can help you.
INTRODUCING: NorthStar – CEAS Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Service
Remote access to much of the CEAS Engineering Software Library
CEAS students and researchers will soon be able to access some of the college-provided engineering software on a personal workstation/computer. The Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) software client/solution that will be implemented is called VMware Horizon.
Estimated NorthStar operational date: Late Spring Semester 2023
- Intended for Open Lab use for assignments and projects
- 50 virtual non-persistent desktops will be available simultaneously to deliver a subset of OCC CEAS software portfolio
- VMware Horizon client supported Operating Systems: Windows, MacOS, Linux and HTML-5 web browsers
CEAS OCC Computing Labs will continue offering access to all available engineering software.
NorthStar VDI Details and Instructions on Access (Coming Soon)
Questions? Email: CEAS-USERHELP@listserv.uc.edu