Program Educational Objectives
Our Computer Science alumni will
PEO1. Strive to maintain the highest technical and ethical standards in the application of fundamental concepts of computer science for solving problems in science, engineering, and business.
PEO2. Design, develop, maintain, and evaluate effective software systems.
PEO3. Continue to improve communication skills, people skills, and teamwork skills in their professional roles and through such activities as attending conferences, participating in professional societies, or writing technical reports, manuals, journal publications, or books.
PEO4. Demonstrate responsibility and personal integrity in all aspects of their career and use their skills and knowledge in ways that promote the common good and are consistent with the public interest.
PEO5. Possess excellent people and communication skills and work effectively as part of a project team.
Currently, we use the outcomes which are the standard ABET Computing Accreditation Commission required outcomes for engineering programs:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and to apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply computer science theory and software development fundamentals to produce computing-based solutions.
|Program Name||Enrollment 2016||Number of Graduates 2016||Enrollment 2017||Number of Graduates 2017
|Computer Science, BS||320||25
Accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://abet.org.