Joint Co-op Institute
The University of Cincinnati College of Engineering and Applied Science teams with Chongqing University (CQU) to offer the first mandatory cooperative engineering education program in China, named the Joint Engineering Co-op Institute (JCI).
This alliance brings together two renowned universities, both leaders in their respective countries. Students enrolled in JCI receive the best of both worlds: a top-notch engineering education with degrees from each institution plus industry experience. These two assets combine to make JCI students high-demand graduates.
For UC students, JCI provides opportunities to study and work abroad in China as part of their experiential learning education. It also serves as a launching pad for faculty to further develop their research through increased cooperation between UC and CQU.
Congratulations to two JCI Class of 2019 students Songchun Li (Electrical Engineering) and Shuo Tan (Mechanical Engineering) selected as Commencement Marshals for the college undergraduate commencement ceremony, scheduled on May 3rd, 2019.
CEAS Graduated the First Cohort of JCI Students
We congratulate the class of 2018 and are proud to announce that more than 80% of the graduates will continue their education pursuing graduate studies in schools in the U.S. and around the world!
Schools JCI Students will Attend (Class of 2018)
Carnegie Mellon University
Case Western Reserve University
China Academy of Science (Shenzhen)
Georgia Institute of Technology
King's College London
Texas A&M University
The Australian National University
The Ohio State University
University of Arkansas
University of Birmingham
University of California, San Diego
University of Cincinnati
The University of Melbourne
University of Ottawa
University of Science and Technology of China
University of Southern California
University of Toronto
University of Virginia
Washington University (St. Louis)
- China Daily: Student exchanges expanding in China (March 9, 2019)
- Chinese students at UC celebrate Lunar New Year (February 11, 2019)
- UC Chinese students share in Thanksgiving tradition (November 20, 2018)
- China Daily: University of Cincinnati grows China ties (October 23, 2018)
- Celebrating a Milestone (April 25, 2018)
- China Daily: Joint college course bears fruit (April 26, 2018)
- Bringing Together Classroom Learning, Real-world Applications (Nov 11, 2017)
- UC welcomes China's first co-op students (Aug 17, 2017)