New Course: Terrorism for Emergency Responders
ONLINE COURSE: 1/12/2020– 4/25/2020
Prof. Lawrence T. Bennett, Esq., 513-470-2744: email@example.com
Interested in viewing the syllabus for the class, please contact Lawrence Bennett.
SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS FROM ACROSS THE NATION
Dr. Denis Onieal
United States Fire Administrator, MD - Deputy Administrator (retired)
Subject Expert: Educating Incident Commanders
4 MEMBERS IAFC TERRORISM & HOMELAND SECURITY COMMITTEE
Prince William County, VA - Fire Chief (retired)
Subject Expert: In Command: 9/11 Plane into Pentagon
District of Columbia Fire & EMS - Assistant Fire Chief
Subject Expert: In Command: Navy Yard Active Shooting
Mercer Island Fire Department , Washington - Fire Chief
Subject Expert: Multi-County Police & Fire Response Plan
Clark County, Nevada - Fire Chief
Subject Matter: Las Vegas Shooting
IAFC METRO CHIEFS (NFPA 3000)
Immediate Past President, METRO Chiefs, Orange County Fire / Rescue, FL - Fire Chief (retired)
Subject Expert: Developed NFPA 3000, following his work at the Pulse Nightclub incident
To Register – don’t need to be UC student, just submit Basic Data Form - UC Registrar’s web site. Need help, contact Program Coordinator Raena Hoskins, 513-556-6583.
- Recent Case Summaries (2018- Present) - Available from Professor Bennett
- April 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- March 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- February 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- January 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- December 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- November 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- October 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- September 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- August 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- July 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- June 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- May 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- April 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- March 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- February 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- January 2019 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
- November 2018 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
*To receive newsletters, email Larry Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWSLETTER IS NOT PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE; Posted by UC solely as information and for the benefit of students.
[CASE SUMMARIES ARE NOT PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE]
Lawrence T. Bennett, Esq.
- Larry Bennett is Program Chair, Fire Science & Emergency Management at the University of Cincinnati. He has been an attorney since 1970, and an Ohio certified firefighter (FF I) and emergency medical technician (EMT-B) since 1980.
- Case summaries update in his textbook, Fire Service Law (Second Edition)
- Published in Jan. 2017 by Waveland Press - contact Neil Rowe, njrwaveland.com); ISBN 978-1-4786-3397-6; book available at Waveland Press site.
- Textbook is used in the National Fire Academy’s “degrees at a distance” course, Political and Legal Foundations of Fire Protection.
- EMS cases are updated Bennett's free, online textbook: EMS LAW - LEGAL LESSONS LEARNED
- Published June 2018 by scholar@UC - ISBN: 978-1-949104-03-5 DOI: 0.7945/C2NX1Z; book available at scholar@UC.
- For questions and comments, please contact email@example.com or 513-470-2744 (cell).
Interested in being on the UC Fire Science Newsletter listserv? Contact us at UCFireScience@uc.edu.