- May 2021 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
- April 2021 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
- March 2021 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- February 2021 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- January 2021 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- December 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- November 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- October 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- September 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- August 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- July 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- June 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- May 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- April 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- March 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- February 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- January 2020 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- December 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- November 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- October 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- September 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- August 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- July 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- June 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- May 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- April 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- March 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- February 2019 Fire and EMS Newsletter
- January 2019 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
- November 2018 Fire and EMS Law Newsletter
*To receive newsletters, email Larry Bennett at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEWSLETTER IS NOT PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE; Posted by UC solely as information and for the benefit of students.
[CASE SUMMARIES ARE NOT PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE]
Lawrence T. Bennett, Esq.
- Larry Bennett is Program Chair, Fire Science & Emergency Management at the University of Cincinnati. He has been an attorney since 1970, and an Ohio certified firefighter (FF I) and emergency medical technician (EMT-B) since 1980.
- Case summaries update in his textbook, Fire Service Law (Second Edition)
- Published in Jan. 2017 by Waveland Press - contact Neil Rowe, njrwaveland.com); ISBN 978-1-4786-3397-6; book available at Waveland Press site.
- Textbook is used in the National Fire Academy’s “degrees at a distance” course, Political and Legal Foundations of Fire Protection.
- EMS cases are updated Bennett's free, online textbook: EMS LAW - LEGAL LESSONS LEARNED
- Published June 2018 by scholar@UC - ISBN: 978-1-949104-03-5 DOI: 0.7945/C2NX1Z; book available at scholar@UC.
- For questions and comments, please contact email@example.com or 513-470-2744 (cell).
Interested in being on the UC Fire Science Newsletter listserv? Contact us at UCFireScience@uc.edu.
TEXTBOOK: EMS LAW (Third Edition, 2020); FREE ONLINE TEXTBOOK: (ISBN: 978-1-949104-05-9); (2nd Edition 2018; 1st Edition 2012);
TEXTBOOK: FIRE SERVICE LAW (Second Edition, 2017) (ISBN 978-1-4786-3397-6); Waveland Press (First Edition – Prentice Hall, 2008).
|UC Class||Session||Class Title||Instructor||Textbook Title||ISBN|
|FST1077||First||Problem Solving||Eric Reiners/ Doug Wehmeyer||Mathematics & Problem Solving for Fire Service Personnel, Mahoney||9780135028254|
|FST1093||Second||EMS Legal & Politics||Larry Bennett/ Mark Johnston||Free Online Textbook||9781949104059|
|FST2009||Full||FIRE TACTICS||Thomas Lakamp||Structural Firefighting Strategy & Tactics (w/Nav2 Advantage Access) by Klaene/ Jones & Bartlett Learning||9781284180299|
|FST2079||Second||FIREFIGHTER SAFETY||Brian Carlson||Ford, T. (2017). Fire and Emergency Services Safety and Survival (2nd ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson.||9780134323336|
|FST3019||First||BLDG CONST FIRE PRO||Brian Carlson||Brannigan, F. L. & Corbett, G. P. (2019). Brannigan’s Building Construction for the Fire Service, (6th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett Publishers.||1284177319 / 978-1284177312|
|FST3021||Full||TERRORISM EMER. RESPONDERS||Lawrence Bennett||Free Text|
|FST3043/ 6043||Second||COMMUNITY PARAMEDICINE||Wilhelm Mueller||Free Text|
|FST3047||Second||INTRO EMERG. MGT.||Jonathan Westendorf||Haddow, G. D., Bullock, J. A., & Coppola, D. P. (2016). Introduction to emergency management (6th ed.). Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann. Cambridge||978-0-12-803064-6|
|FST3081||Second||ANALYTICAL APPROACHES FIRE/EMS||Demond Simmons||1. Applications of Fire Research & Improvement by M.R. Gunderson & J. T. Lindsey (10/30/2020) 2. Publication Manual of The American Psychological Association (7th ed). 3. Research Design: Qualitative, Quantitative, & Mixed Methods Approach by J.W. Creswell & J.D. Creswell (12/19/2017)||1. 9781284206456 2. 1433832151 3. 1506386709|
|FST3085||First||POLITICAL AND LEGAL||Lawrence Bennett||Fire Service Law Waveland Press||9781478633976|
|FST3092||First||BUDGET & COMM.||
|Financial Management for Public, Health, and Not-for-Profit Organizations, by Steven A. Finkler, Daniel L. Smith, Thad D. Calabrese and Robert M. Purtell (Published by SAGE, 5th edition Business Communication: A Problem-Solving Approach, by Kathryn Rentz and Paula Lentz (McGraw-Hill, 2048). This online textbook is currently used for ENGL 4091 Business Writing, a course taught through the English Department in the College of Arts and Sciences.||9781506326849 & 9781259565878|
|FST 4072||Second||OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY||Michael Gabennesch||Fundamentals of Industrial Hygiene, 6th Edition||978-0-87912-312-3|
|FST 4073||Second||INTRO INDUS HYGIENE||Michael Gabennesch||Accident Prevention Manual: Engineering & Technology, 13th Edition||978-087912-281-2|
|FST4082||Full||Applications of Fire Research||Nathan Bromen||Applications of Fire Research and Improvement, 2nd edition||9781284206456|
|FST 4086||First||MANAGERIAL HAZMAT||Randall Hanifen||1. Fire Protection Handbook (National Fire Protection Association), Volumes I and II, Arthur E. Cote (Editor), 20th edition (January 1, 2008). Publisher: National Fire Protection Association; ISBN #: 0-87765-758-0. 2. Hazardous Materials: Managing the Incident, by Michael Hildebrand and Gregory Noll. 4th Edition, Jones and Bartlett Publishing. ISBN 978-1-4496-7084-9.||978-1-4496-7084-9 0-87765-758-0|
|FST 5044||Second||LEADERSHIP||Todd Owens/ Jonathan Westndorf||Working with Emotional Intelligence, Daniel Goleman||978055337858|