Physics-Based Mixed Reality Simulation
- Develop an architecture of multi-mode simulation including 3D visual, audio, force and motion effects, all driven by physics-based and hardware-in-the-loop dynamic simulations.
- Develop physics-based multibody system dynamics models, contact dynamics models, vibration and acoustic models and their real-time simulation algorithms and software to drive the multi-mode rendering equipment.
- System level design, requirements development, and simulation-based feasibility study of a prototype of the proposed multi-mode simulation system.
Combine the virtual reality (VR) and/or augment reality (AR) technologies with physics-based 3D dynamic motion simulation, haptic feedback, and acoustic simulation technologies to create a realistic human sensation experience. A hardware-in-the-loop simulation facility is being developed.
- Study and characterize human performance when operating equipment
- Assess human performance for challenging operations in special environment
- Safely train operators to perform risky tasks in an extreme environment